Friday 22 June 2018

Execution Phase


In the execution phase, I still need to contract as many segments as possible to generate maximum force. As well as using my lower body segments, I also need to contract my upper body muscles in my Basketball Shot. In order for me to generate as much maximum force as I can, I need to follow a sequence, of contracting my lower larger muscles and passing it to my upper smaller muscles. I also need to make sure that my timing is correct so this means that I need to contract my larger muscles, then passing it to my smaller muscles one by one in the correct timing and order. 

In the execution phase, the joints that are being used are; knee, hip & elbow. While moving from the preparation phase to the execution phase these joint movements are changing. The knee joint is going from flexion during the preparation phase, to extension in the execution phase. While my knees are extended, the muscles that are working are my Quadriceps and Hamstrings. My quadriceps is agonist's muscle and my hamstrings are the antagonist muscles in this movement. In the execution phase, my hip is now extending from the position it was in before (flexing). While my hip is extended, my quadricep is the contracting muscle so that means it's the working muscle and my gluteus  Maximus is the antagonist muscle so that means it's the relaxing muscle. My elbow joint in the preparation phase was flexed, but going on to the execution phase, it changes and goes into an extended formation. The agonist muscle in this movement is my triceps as my elbow is extended making my triceps contract muscle, and my biceps are the antagonist muscle as it is relaxing. You can also see that my ankle is plantar flexion as my toes are flexed downwards towards the sole. Since my ankle is plantar flexion, my muscle that is contracting is my gastrocnemius and my antagonist muscle that is relaxing is my Tibialis Anterior. The similarities between mine and the ideals execution are that we both have our ankles plantar flexion making our body extended. But one difference between mine and the ideals shot is that I have one foot in front of the other and in the ideals shot, both his feet are next to each other. The similarities between mine and the ideals joints are that we both are extending our elbows, knees, and hip.

In the execution phase, I am using Newton's 2nd law. Newton's second law states "When a force is being applied, it will accelerate at a rate dependent upon the size of the object and force". I am creating force by how bent my knees are. If my knees are really bent, I would be creating a lot of force making my shot be able to go to the hoop. But by looking on my preparation phase I can see that I'm only slightly bending my knees, which means the acceleration of my shot wouldn't have that much effect on the ball getting into the hoop. 

In the execution phase, balance and stability are important to produce a well-coordinated shot. To be balanced my center of gravity has to be inside of my body. If my center of gravity was to be outside of my body, then that would mean that I'm unstable. The center of gravity is defined as the point at which all are equally balanced. From the picture above, I can see that my center of gravity is inside me, so that means that I am balanced. I know that I am not balanced as my base of support is off the ground making me not balanced also I know that I am not balanced because I have got one foot in front of the other. The similarities between mine and the ideal's shot is that we both are plantar flexion and that our hips, knees, and elbows are extended. But the only difference between mine and the ideal's is that on hit execution phase, he has both of his feet next to each other while on my execution phase, I have one foot in front of the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment