Thursday 7 June 2018

Preparation Phase


To generate maximum force I need to contract as many segments as possible. I know I am contracting segments in my preparation phase because my lower body muscles are working. Since my lower muscles are working, they are contracting maximum force so that my shots increase. While applying the preparation phase, I know that I have using the principal of segments from force summation as I can see that I am contracting segments as I am bending my knees. Before I'm going to take a shot, I know that I am following the principle of sequence because I'm using my lower big muscles (Legs) which then passes through to my upper smaller body muscles to produce maximum force.

In the preparation phase, I am contracting my lower body muscles. This means that I am using my Hips, Knees and Ankle joints in this phase. I can see in my preparation phase my knees are the first joint, which is classified as a hinge joint. When my knees are bent, that means that it's flexing. While my knees are flexing, I am contracting my leg muscles. The leg muscles that are contracting are my hamstrings and Quadriceps. While contracting, my hamstring is the agonist's (Working) muscle and my quadriceps is the antagonist's (Relaxing) muscle. When my knees are flexing, my ankles are flat on the ground so that means that it's Dorsiflexion. I can see that in my preparation phase, my joint's and the ideals joint's are similar as we both have bent knees and elbows. 

In the preparation phase, I am using Newton's Laws. The Newton's law that I am using in this phase is his 1st Law. Newton's 1st Law states "In order to move something, you need to apply force to move it".  I am overcoming inertia by contracting my hamstrings so that I am able to bend my knees. 

In the preparation phase, balance and stability are important when performing a sporting movement. The line of gravity (L.O.G) is defined when the verticle line passes through the centre of gravity to the ground. When the line of gravity must be within our base of support. The base of support (B.O.S) is defined when the area is in contact with the ground. e.g; If you were to go on your knees, and put your hands on the ground, you are stable as your hands & knees are in contact with the ground. My line of gravity is located from my head, to the middle of my body, going straight to the base of my support. Therefore I am stable because I have my two base of support in contact with the ground. I can see that my balance and stability are similar to the ideal one, as, in my preparation phase, my base of support are planted to the ground, making my preparation phase and the ideal's preparation phase the same because the ideal's base of support is also in contact with the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment